2017 Fall Sports Information Central
The first practice date for Washington High School fall sports is Monday, July 31, 2017. Please see the list of practice dates, times and locations in the right column of this page or click here to download the PDF.
STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE FOR PARTICIPATING IN WHS ATHLETICS
– REMINDER: All physicals must be filled out on our forms. This is mandated by the MSHSAA.
2. GET A PHYSICAL EXAM
If a student intends to play sports for the Washington Blue Jays, he/she must have a valid physical packet on file in the Activities Office prior to participation.
– REMINDER: Don’t forget to bring your physical packet with you to the doctor so he/she can fill out our forms.
3. FINISH FILLING OUT THE PACKET
After your physical has been completed, make sure the rest of the packet is filled out. This includes:
• Student Signature
• Parent/Guardian Signatures
• Reading the Concussion Information
• In Case of an Emergency Information
4. TURN IN THE PHYSICAL PACKET AND HANDBOOK COMMITMENT FORM to the Athletic Office by the first day of team practice.
5. GET A PRACTICE CARD
Once an athlete has a physical packet on file in the Athletic Office, he/she is issued a practice card. The athlete will then give this card to his/her coach in order to participate in practice/tryouts. Without this card, an athlete will not be able to participate.
Need help? Call the Activities Office at (636) 231-2180.
All prospective student-athletes must have a current physical packet on file in the Washington High School Athletic Office prior to participation.
- A current physical is dated after Feb. 1, 2017 and must be completed and signed by a doctor.
- All forms must be on file in the WHS Athletic Office by the first day of team tryouts.
As of Aug. 2012, the Missouri State High School Activities Association (MSHSAA) has mandated that a physical is valid only if completed on a MSHSAA physical form. MSHSAA physical forms are available for pickup in the WHS Athletic Office or can be downloaded by clicking here.
All prospective student-athletes must have basic accident (medical) insurance coverage to participate in athletics. Insurance information is to be provided on the MSHSAA physical form.
Fall sports picture day (Cross Country, Football, Soccer, Cheer, Dance, Volleyball and Softball) is scheduled for Tuesday, Aug. 8 at 10 a.m. The Girl’s Golf Team pictures will be taken on Tuesday, Sept. 5 at 2:30 p.m. at Wolf Hollow. The Boy’s Swimming Team pictures will be taken on Tuesday, Sept. 5 at 7 a.m. at the YMCA. Click here to access the Wagner Portrait Group website. You will be asked to enter your password. If you do not know your password, please email email@example.com or call (800) 444-7986.
Please see the student-athlete handbook. The back page must be signed and returned to the Washington High School Athletic Office before the start of the season. Click here to download and print the handbook.
Meet the Coaches Night
Fall sports Meet the Coaches Night will be held Wednesday, Aug. 9 at 5:30 p.m. at Scanlan Stadium. All fall sports student-athletes and parents are encouraged to attend.